Stanford University Founder's Day, April 15th. 2007
The two Kladruber mares, Rabietta and Esperanza made the 18 mile round trip journey to Stanford University from the stable in Woodside. They were fit and worked well together, covering the distance in one hour each way. The coach is a Brewster C-spring Landau built in 1888, the original property of the Stanford family. Dr Bullock has been its curator and restorer for this past 15 years, annually partaking in the Founders Day memorial service at the mausoleum at Stanford University. This building was erected in memory of the patrons of the University, Senator and Mrs. Leland Stanford and their son Leland Stanford Junior.The coach is seen here with the Kladrubers leading the procession of the University faculty to the mausoleum.
In the background is the University at the top of Palm Drive a locus well-known to the Kladrubers. This was the first time Esperanza has been used for such a delicate occasion. The horses have been in extensive training by Dr Bullock, their owner, since he visited the Czech National Stud in Kladruby in 2002 and acquired five of these magificent ceremonial horses. Here, Dr Peter Bullock is seen, seemingly quite happy, driving one of his fabulous pairs.
Dr Bullock and Kladruber Breeding Farm Inc. wish to acknowledge the help of Professor Peter Griffin PhD Stanford University and Katherina Kreslova in making this event possible. Dr Bullock personally thanks Dr. Norbert Zalis, DVM, former Director of the Kladruber Horse National Stud in Kladruby CZ for his assurances and guidance in encouraging him to acquire these very special horses.